Bordering the Meursault appellation, this vineyard is adjacent to Premier Cru Les Combettes, on the Northern edge of Puligny-Montrachet. It owes its name to an ancient custom of attaching the owner’s name to the name “Champs” or fields. The wine, produced from a very chalky and pebbly soil, is deep and displays sheer concentration, with a classic nose of acacia, citrus and pear. It possesses a good mid-palate and tension, with persistent length and terrific depth. Vines were planted in 1952.